Aims and Scope
The intention of the initiators of the 1st International Conference on Ion Analysis (ICIA 2018) remains, as it was in case of the biannual CIA conference series, to provide space for presenting developments and improvements of analytical methods for ion analysis in its widest sense as well as applications to real-world problems.
Invited keynote lectures, oral and poster presentations on diverse topics will outline the current state of ion analysis and mark latest developments and trends.
Especially users of different methods of ion analysis shall get the opportunity to report on their (often also painful and tiring) experiences with the implementation of routine applications. On previous CIA conferences, this has proven to give important impetus and valuable support to problem solving.
Manufacturers of instruments for ion analysis are considered by us the priceless interface between R&D and the users. The vast expert knowledge of manufacturers coupled with the direct proximity to clients and their application problems will be highlighted by oral presentations and poster contributions of the exhibiting companies during ICIA 2018.
The conference programme of ICIA 2018 includes invited keynote lectures, oral as well as poster presentations given by methodical and application-oriented experts on ion analysis from the academia, non-university research institutes, industrial companies, the regulatory sector and small or medium-sized businesses.
The enormous diversity of methodological possibilities of ion analysis and the far-reaching application area will be reflected by presentations on the following subjects:
Methods of ion analysis:
- Ion chromatography
- Capillary electrophoresis
- Flow analysis method (CFA, FIA, SIA, etc.)
- Spectrophotometric methods
- Electroanalytical methods
- Cuvette test and at-site/in-field methods
- Coupling techniques (e.g. IC/MS, IC-ICP-MS, CE-MS)
- Automation in ion analysis
- Miniaturisation of instrumentation (e.g. chip-based techniques)
- Trace ion analysis
- Sample preparation for ion analysis
Fields of application:
- Environmental analysis
- Food analysis and agrochemistry
- Industrial production
- Clinical analysis
- Material analysis
- Research and development
- Process control and continuous monitoring
- Bioanalysis and pharmaceutical analysis